We Got This! | Mask Up & Vax Up to Keep Covid Cases Down!
A Rewarding Academic Experience
An in-person academic experience reduces social distancing in the classroom and includes research opportunities, study abroad, internships, job shadowing and career fairs. Student success and support services will help ensure students continue their journey from coursework to career.
A Robust & Vibrant Campus Community
Campus life includes Homecoming and tailgating, vibrant fraternity and sorority activities, thrilling esport competitions, captivating performances including Marching Band and the Performing Arts, face-to-face club meetings, engaging living and learning communities, delicious and discounted Downtown dining with Raider Bucks, intramural sports and championship DII competition.
All Facilities & Services are OPEN
ALL facilities will be OPEN including: the state’s best residence halls (ranked #4), a wide array of dining venues (including an exciting new student-requested favorite!), student success support centers and services such as the Learning Center, ShipRec, the Library, Memorial Hall, the Downtown Centers for Excellence, Etter Health Center, the Luhrs Performing Arts Center, and many others.
Health & Well-being is the Key to Success
Health and well-being measures may continue to include face coverings, social distancing, case investigations, vaccinations and testing in accordance with PA Department of Health guidelines. Ship provides personal protective equipment to all students, faculty, and staff. Sanitizing and temperature stations are throughout campus. Facilities are cleaned according to CDC guidelines.
Campus life at a glance…
- Non-vaccinated students who reside on-campus are required to test weekly as part of a PCR-based surveillance testing program. Non-vaccinated students will be notified and provided instructions when they are randomly selected to be part of the surveillance testing program.
- Begin the testing regimen by signing up at: calendly.com/shipr3testing/covid-19-testing-1.
- Vaccinated students who reside on-campus will not be required to participate in the surveillance testing program.
- Proof of vaccination may be submitted directly to the Etter Health Center or uploaded at: apply.ship.edu/register/covid19-vaccine
Failure to comply with testing and/or vaccination verification requirements is a violation of the Housing Agreement and may result in removal from the residence hall and forfeiture of housing fees.
- Indoors: Masks are required indoors on campus, regardless of vaccination status. This includes all classrooms, hallways, meeting rooms, common areas, restrooms, and all indoor events.
- Outdoors: All non-vaccinated individuals are asked to wear a mask outdoors where they cannot maintain appropriate social distancing.
- Transportation: All individuals must wear a face mask while using public transportation, including university vehicles.
- All student athletes are encouraged to be vaccinated. Student athletes who are not vaccinated will be subject to regular Surveillance Testing throughout the fall.
- The University follows the published guidance of the NCAA and PSAC.
- Visit shipraiders.com/covid for details.
- Asymptomatic Testing is available to students, faculty, and staff at the Raider Respect Results (R3) facility in the Ceddia Union Building (CUB) Room 121, Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 4:00pm. The PCR type test takes 24-48 hours to process. Testing is done by AMI in partnership with the Pennsylvania Department of Health (PADOH).
- Sign up at: calendly.com/shipr3testing/covid-19-testing-1
- Symptomatic Testing is conducted by appointment at the Etter Health Center. You will receive a Rapid Antigen test with results available in approximately 15 minutes. Schedule by calling the Etter Health Center at 717-477-1458.
- Diners in our on-campus dining locations are permitted to remove masks when actively eating or drinking.
- Vaccination Clinics for students, faculty, and staff are available on campus throughout the Fall 2021 semester.
- Sign up directly at: calendly.com/shipr3testing/covid-19-vaccination-first-shot.
- Campus is open and visitors are welcome. This includes Parents and Family Weekend, Homecoming, move-in day, and community events.
- All visitors are required to wear a mask when indoors, except while actively eating or drinking.
- Spectators are welcome to attend athletic events based upon NCAA and PSAC guidelines.
- Shippensburg University’s masking policy is the responsibility of all campus community members, including visitors.
- Student violations may be reported to the Office of Student Development via the Student Conduct Raider Respect Violations webpage.
- Faculty and Staff violation may be reported to the Office of Human Resources.
Bartos Child and Family Center
- The Bartos Child and Family Center staff and children will continue to follow guidelines of the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services.
Shippensburg University COVID-19 Testing Dashboard
Student Activity from the Prior Week (Mon.-Sun.)
Prior Week data is updated on Mondays. Updated 10/11/21.
Cases & Testing: Cumulative Totals Since Aug. 1, 2021
Commuter Student Positive Cases
Commuter Student Tests Conducted
Residential Student Positive Case7
Residential Student Tests Conducted
Employee Positive Cases
Employee Tests Conducted
Cumulative Totals are updated Mondays and Thursdays. Updated10/14/21.
- This dashboard presents data according to the date tests are administered. Counts for most recent dates may be incomplete. Counts will be updated as results are reported.
- Data regarding isolation and quarantine is subject to change based upon ongoing case investigations.
- Weekly numbers during summer and winter are low due to decreased population on campus.
- This dashboard is for informational purposes only in service to our community. It should not be considered as public health guidance. Given the complexity and evolution of the case reporting landscape, the data points and footnotes are subject to continuous review and revision, as necessary.
Shippensburg University is deeply committed to the well-being and success of our campus family, Shippensburg community, South Central Pennsylvania and the Commonwealth. Some operational details may change based on continuing developments and revised guidelines and recommendations from the federal government, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE), and Pennsylvania's State System of Higher Education (State System/PASSHE).